Decline to slow down, complete recovery to take longer. Quarterly analysis of the Czech Building and Construction industry.
Following are the main findings of the study:
• Companies expect 8 percent decline of the industry in 2009 (compared to 11 percent in July).
• For 2010/2011 the companies predict further decline by 2 percent.
• The forecast of sales in 2009 is more optimistic - drop by 4.3 percent (compared to previous 6.6 percent).
• Improvement of their position on the market in 2009 is expected by 58 percent of the surveyed companies.
• Only 84 percent of the companies’ capacities are used.
• 56 percent of the companies have less contracts than they had 12 months ago.
• All the companies questioned are still limited in growth, particularly by insufficient demand.
• For 100 percent of the companies, increasing effectiveness of operation is priority No. 1 in the year to come.
To download the study click here.