Turbulences in CEE Construction industry
The main findings of the study are as follows:
- One of the most serious factors limiting construction companies’ growth is insufficient demand, which is much more significant than last year.
- In all the countries, capacities utilization has decreased compared to 2008.
- Due to a lack of contracts available on the market, companies are now using various ways to gain them. The most common one in 2009 is personal contacts.
- Respondents throughout the region have similar opinion on the transparency of tenders, however, their experience with bribery and breaking their risk management policies in order to gain contract is different.
- The key priority for construction companies in the next twelve months is improvement in
their business/operational efficiency. Their aim is to overcome the present hard times and create stable background for future growth.
To download the study click here.