Medtronic Czechia s.r.o.
|Company Name:||Medtronic Czechia s.r.o.|
|Address:||Oregon House Řevnická 170/4 155 21 Praha 5 - Třebonice|
|Main type of business:||Health Care & Pharmaceuticals|
|Type of membership:||Corporate Patron|
|Year of Establishment in CR:||N/A|
|Turnover in CZK:||N/A|
|Number of Employees in CR:||N/A|
|Core business:||Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. With deep roots in the treatment of heart disease, Medtronic now provides a wide range of products and therapies – every six seconds, somewhere in the world, another life is saved or improved by Medtronic product or therapy.
• Medtronic Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) develops products that restore and regulate a patient’s heart rhythm, as well as improve the heart’s pumping function. The business markets implantable pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac ablation catheters, monitoring and diagnostic devices and cardiac resynchronization devices, including the first implantable device for the treatment of heart failure. In addition, the business markets automated external defibrillators (AEDs) - which are increasingly being placed in public places, such as businesses, airports, shopping centers and even homes - and the CareLink Patient Network, the industry’s first Internet-based network to enable physicians to remotely monitor their patients who have cardiac devices.
• Medtronic Cardiac Surgery develops products that are used in both arrested and beating heart bypass surgery. The business also markets the industry’s broadest line of heart valve products for both replacement and repair, plus autotransfusion equipment and disposable devices for handling and monitoring blood during major surgery, as well as cardiac ablation devices to treat a variety of heart conditions.
• Medtronic Vascular offers products and therapies that treat a wide range of vascular diseases and conditions. These products include coronary, peripheral and neurovascular stents, stent graft systems for diseases and conditions throughout the aorta, and distal protection system. The business is also moving forward with the development of a drug-eluting stent to prevent restenosis. Medtronic Vascular also markets a full line of balloon angioplasty catheters, guide catheters, guidewires, diagnostic catheters and accessories.
• Medtronic Neurological offers neurostimulation and drug pump and infusion therapies for chronic pain, Parkinson´s disease and other common movement disorders. It also offers diagnostics and therapeutics for gastrointestinal and urological conditions, including incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)/enlarged prostrate and gastroesophageal reflux.
• Medtronic Diabetes products include internal and external glucose monitors and insulin pumps.
• Medtronic Spinal and Navigation develops and manufactures products that treat a variety of disorders of the cranium and spine, including traumatically induced conditions, deformities and tumors. Through the introduction of INFUSE® Bone Graft and Minimal Access Spinal Technologies, the business has distinguished itself as a global leader in less-invasive surgical techniques. It also develops a variety of image-guided surgical navigation systems.
Medtronic does business in more than 120 countries and has scientific, manufacturing, education and sales facilities worldwide. Regional Headquarters are based in Switzerland and Japan.
Approximately 32,000 employees worldwide.