COVID - 19 Guidance for patients
Company: AMGEN, s.r.o.
For patients and healthcare providers: As COVID - 19 developments continue to evolve, you may have questions about your health and Amgen medications. We're committed to keeping you informed and delivering our medicines to you. Click below to access our new patient resources page. We’re in this together.
We are in this together. Patients. Healthcare providers. Employees. Communities. Check here for Amgen updates, Amgen product information, public health resources, and other pertinent information related to COVID-19.
Updated: March 17, 2020
We recognize that this may be a challenging and stressful time, especially if you are a patient managing a serious illness. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we are committed to doing everything we can to deliver for patients, to keep our staff and their families safe, and to help the communities where we live and work reduce the number of people exposed to the virus. Medical professionals around the world are working tirelessly on the front lines to achieve this and we would like to express our deep gratitude to them. We will continue to keep you informed, and are committed to continuing to deliver to you our medicines.
Here you will find:
- Amgen updates
- Amgen product information
- Public health resources
- Other pertinent information related to COVID-19
Where should I go if I have a COVID-19 question about an Amgen medicine I’m taking?
If you have questions about your Amgen medication, you can reach us via phone in the U.S. at 1-800-772-6436. If you live outside of the U.S., local contact information by country can be found here. If you have any questions about your treatment plan because of concerns about COVID-19, it is important to consult with your doctor.
Where can I find Amgen's product websites?
- For general information specific to a product, please visit the product websites here.
- Where can I find more information if I'm in an Amgen Clinical Trial?
- With the situation around COVID-19 being so fluid and dynamic, we respectfully request that you contact your Clinical Site Investigator (Medical Doctor) for guidance with respect to the site’s current availability to receive your visit, study procedures, treatment (if applicable) or any safety issues.
- What can I do if alcohol wipes are unavailable that are required for injection?
- If you are out of alcohol wipes, you can use soap and water. Always check with your provider if these alternatives are right for you.
- Can I receive my medication without going to a pharmacy?
- Many pharmacies are now offering mail order, some even do it free of charge. Please call your pharmacy to see what options are available to you.
Is there any interruption to the supply of medicines based on COVID-19?
- Amgen continues to provide an uninterrupted supply of medicines for patients around the world. Based on inventory levels, we do not anticipate a shortage of our medicines due to COVID-19 at this time.
- We are monitoring our raw material inventory levels and taking additional measures to mitigate against interruption.
For product questions, to report an adverse event or safety-related issue, or to report a quality issue with a product or device, call +1 800-772-6436 (800-77-AMGEN) or +1 805-447-3505. Local contact information by country can be found here.
- U.S. healthcare professionals can also visit www.amgenmedinfo.com.
Employees and Community
- Effective Monday, March 16, we are encouraging any staff member who is able to work from home to do so until further notice. This includes staff at our corporate headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. Our teams in Asia have been proactively modeling this behavior for many weeks and in some cases are now returning to work based on local conditions and guidance from local health officials.
- In addition, we have made the decision to suspend all in-person meetings and interactions with the healthcare community and professionals in the U.S. until April 17. As of March 16, all U.S. field staff will work from home and move to a virtual interaction model.
- Amgen has suspended international business travel and limited domestic travel within the U.S. through April 17.
- We have suspended attendance at medical congresses, conferences and other large events through April 17.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures and visitor screening are being implemented at all Amgen locations.
Is Amgen or the Amgen Foundation doing anything in the community in response to COVID-19?
- We activated our business continuity plans to avoid or minimize business disruption and ensure the well-being of our staff.
- We don’t know the extent to which COVID-19 (coronavirus) will continue to spread and impact society.
- At this stage, we cannot rule out future impact on our business including sales, manufacturing and clinical trials.
- Read our COVID-19 media statement here.
- Please see COVID-19 guidance from the World Health Organization or the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.