Deloitte recognized as an undisputed leader for fourth consecutive time in HR operations consulting by ALM
ALM Intelligence has ranked Deloitte as an undisputed global leader for the fourth consecutive time in the report, entitled HR Operations Consulting 2019. On HR operations consulting, Liz DeVito, Associate Director, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte has evolved its consulting approach in keeping with a new reality that finds HR at the center of market forces compelling organizational transformation.”
DeVito adds, “The approach is codified in [Deloitte’s] Future of HR viewpoint, positioning the function as the most appropriate lead for addressing the needs of the enterprise for adopting new business and labor models, technologies, and ways of blending human and machine intelligence.”
To bring this to life, Deloitte has been focused on several HR Transformation assets that help clients envision the Future of HR. Immersive experiences such as the Future of HR Greenhouse Labs and new technologies including implementation bots and virtual assistant prototypes have propelled efficiency and accelerated client deployments of advanced digital technologies.
“With the nature of work rapidly evolving, the future of the enterprise, workforce, and work itself is at stake,” says Michael Stephan, Deloitte Global HR Transformation Leader. “Against this backdrop, HR is playing an increasingly valuable role in solving for organizations’ most pressing issues. At Deloitte, we are focused on envisioning the Future of HR—and elevating the role of the Chief Human Resource Officer— where digital technologies, people, workforce experience and mindset come together to create sustained business value.”
According to ALM, HR operations consulting is defined as “part of operations consulting which forms part of the management consulting services directed at clients’ back office activities. Its objective is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of clients’ functions designed to support the execution of their strategies and the performance of their decision-making systems through services targeted at the missions, resources, processes, and governance of these functions.”
“Moving forward, Deloitte will continue to work with clients to build the symphonic C-suite—where sustained growth can only occur by adopting a digital mindset, focusing on workforce experience, creating a high-impact HR operating model, and establishing a unified engagement platform,” adds Candice Sieg, Deloitte UK Shared Services Capability. “To navigate ongoing disruption posed by Industry 4.0, Deloitte will remain steadfastly committed to delivering solutions that drive end-to-end transformation that realize clients’ Future of HR ambitions.”
Additional report findings:
- "Deloitte regains its leading edge with a new approach focused on elevating the role of the CHRO and embedding HR into the business."
- “Deloitte excels for its ability to consistently and successfully execute HR transformation engagements at a global scale due to the effectiveness of its model for delivering integrated services. Clients call out the [network] for its ability to coax change resistant cultures into new ways of thinking and responsiveness to resolving cultural tensions.”
- “Deloitte goes to market with integrated, cross-functional, and industry-focused consulting services, solutions, and assets to deliver on a long-standing commitment to fortifying HR’s role developing the organization of the future.”
- “Deloitte provides HR operations consulting through the Human Capital (HC) Service Area with the [network’s] Consulting function. HC consultants draw on the functional, industry, and digital expertise of sister practices in strategy, operations, and technology consulting. In addition, the Bersin™ research and advisory arm within HC provides frontline HR operations and service delivery professionals with advisory services, tools (maturity maps, operating models), diagnostics (key performance indicators, benchmarks) HR, technology vendor research, and access to a network of peers.”
- “Deloitte’s Human Capital practice provides end-to-end HR transformation services from a design-thinking orientation to visioning and strategy through to solutions development and implementation. Consulting specialties specific to HR operations include workforce experience, operating model and organization design, process transformation, benchmarking and best practices, technology/vendor advisory and implementation, payroll, time and attendance, workforce management, and HR professional/leadership capability development.”
- “Deloitte’s Human Capital Issues Framework clarifies five areas of HR activity that directly relate to helping business leaders drive organizational performance: transition to the future of work, create a differentiating employee experience, manage the cost-risk equation of the human capital balance sheet, activate the digital organization, and sustain organizational performance. The Framework helps clients manage the sequencing of their transformation agenda in line with the enterprise strategy and with respect to the function’s capacity.”
- “The engine of Deloitte’s approach to HR transformation is Momentum, a methodology and platform that organizes a portfolio of digital tools, playbooks, and other consulting resources around a transformation continuum (Imagine-Deliver-Run) guided by three objectives: creating a customer/employee-centric engagement platform, learning to sustain cloud implementations, and optimizing ROI. Momentum can be integrated with adjacent methodologies – including Future of Work/workforce transformation and change management via Deloitte’s ChangeScout platform – and service offerings where there is a connection to workforce experience, such as marketing and customer experience. Momentum ensures that Deloitte pulls every lever at its disposal to help clients not only digitally transform their HR operations, but also develop the cultural and leadership DNA required to realize long-term value from the transformation.”
- “The [network] has also expanded its Future of Work managed services offerings, adding strategic communications, analytics, and assessments to Human Capital-as-a-Service and Bersin™ Research & Sensing-as-a-Service for analyzing human capital trends in the context of the client’s Future of HR maturity model.”
- “Professional development services are delivered both virtually and physically in Greenhouse Labs, professional academies, mobile apps, and a Global HR Transformation Executive Roundtable launched in the last year.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.