•GE Aviation, GE Healthcare, and the combined GE Renewable Energy, GE Power, and GE Digital businesses to become three industry-leading, global, investment-grade public companies
• GE intends to execute tax-free spin-offs of Healthcare in early 2023 and of the Renewable Energy and Power company in early 2024
• Builds on significant momentum from strengthened financial position and operating performance
• GE remains focused on driving operational improvement for sustainable profitable growth in the current portfolio of businesses, leading to high-single-digit free cash flow margins in 2023
• GE will use proceeds from recently closed GECAS transaction to significantly reduce debt in the near future; remains committed to continued debt reduction along with strategic capital deployment
• Company to host a call with investors at 8:15 am ET
GE (NYSE:GE) today announced its plan to form three industry-leading, global public companies focused on the growth sectors of aviation, healthcare, and energy, by:
1. Pursuing a tax-free spin-off of GE Healthcare, creating a pure-play company at the center of precision health in early 2023, in which GE expects to retain a stake of 19.9 percent; and
2. Combining GE Renewable Energy, GE Power, and GE Digital into one business, positioned to lead the energy transition, and then pursuing a tax-free spin-off of this business in early 2024.
3. Following these transactions, GE will be an aviation-focused company shaping the future of flight.
As independently run companies, the businesses will be better positioned to deliver long-term growth and create value for customers, investors, and employees, with each benefitting from:
• Deeper operational focus, accountability, and agility to meet customer needs;
• Tailored capital allocation decisions in line with distinct strategies and industry-specific dynamics;
• Strategic and financial flexibility to pursue growth opportunities;
• Dedicated boards of directors with deep domain expertise;
• Business- and industry-oriented career opportunities and incentives for employees; and
• Distinct and compelling investment profiles appealing to broader, deeper investor bases.
GE Chairman and CEO H. Lawrence Culp, Jr. said, “At GE we have always taken immense pride in our purpose of building a world that works. The world demands—and deserves—we bring our best to solve the biggest challenges in flight, healthcare, and energy. By creating three industry-leading, global public companies, each can benefit from greater focus, tailored capital allocation, and strategic flexibility to drive long-term growth and value for customers, investors, and employees. We are putting our technology expertise, leadership, and global reach to work to better serve our customers.”
Culp continued, “Today is a defining moment for GE, and we are ready. Our teams have done exceptional work strengthening our financial position and operating performance, all while deepening our culture of continuous improvement and lean. And we’re not finished—we remain focused on continuing to reduce debt, improve our operational performance, and strategically deploy capital to drive sustainable, profitable growth. We have a responsibility to move with speed to shape the future of flight, deliver precision health, and lead the energy transition. The momentum we have built puts us in a position of strength to take this exciting next step in GE’s transformation and realize the full potential of each of our businesses.”
More information here.