Hotels Survey 2017
Company: TaylorWessing e|n|w|c advokáti v.o.s.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our Hotels Survey. We had a great response from professionals across the industry and are delighted to announce the results.
The results from this year’s survey give us some interesting insights:
- 62% of survey respondents consider the buyers will come from Asia. A similar picture to 2016.
- Almost 2 in 3 respondents are optimistic about what the next 12 months mean for the Hotels market, 1 in 3 are unsure and only 6% pessimistic. Although Brexit uncertainty seems a never ending theme, last year 34% of respondents were either concerned or pessimistic.
- The attraction of the regions continues to grow – 42% of respondents felt they would recommend buying in the regions, up from 29% in 2016.
- For three years running a significant majority of respondents do not believe the global brands can slow, let alone halt, the rise of the OTAs.
- Control of costs is still by far and away the greatest challenge facing operators.
- The constant creation of new brands seems to be slowing, being replaced by “soft” brands.