Recent changes to the Antivirus employment support programme
Company: Eversheds Sutherland, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.
The government approved the extension of Scheme A of the Antivirus programme and the reintroduction of Scheme B retroactively from 1 November 2021.
The government extended the contribution in Scheme A (80% of the paid wage compensation, including levies, max. CZK 39,000 per employee per month) until the end of February 2022.
Scheme A applies to cases where employees are ordered to quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19.
The government has approved the reintroduction of Scheme B:
- Aimed at employers who cannot function fully because, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a significant number of their employees are on state-sponsored caretaking leave or in quarantine, or who are facing shortages of inputs necessary for their activities or whose products or services are in limited demand
- The contribution amounts to up to 60% of the paid wage compensation, including levies, max. CZK 29,000 per month
- It should apply to the period from 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022
Several basic conditions apply to the entitlement to compensation under both schemes:
- The support concerns employees in the so-called corporate sphere
- Employees must be in an employment relationship and must take part in sickness and pension insurance
- The employer complies with the Labour Code
- The employee must not be in the notice period and must not be dismissed
- The employer must first pay wage compensation and levies
We will be happy to help you with the issue of employment support schemes.
Download the PDF: Antivirus programme still providing help
For more information, please contact
Radek Matouš, Partner Eversheds Sutherland | Czech Republic
Martina Vodičková, Junior Associate Eversheds Sutherland | Czech Republic