Release of measures in the Czech Republic
Company: Eversheds Sutherland, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.
The government has announced new anti-epidemic measures that represent the next step of release of measures.
Most of the measures took effect almost immediately from 8 June 2021.
End of masks in schools and some workplaces
- Preschool children anywhere
- All pupils and teachers in classrooms, except pupils and teachers in the South Bohemia, Liberec and Zlín regions
- Employees at the workplace while working, in the case where they are in one place and only other co-workers are present at the same time (not e. g. a customer, client, business partner). This exception applies to all regions except Liberec, South Bohemia and Zlín regions
Proof of non-infectivity
As of 8 June, the conditions for proof of non-infectivity for the use of services, participation in mass events, etc. have been unified.
Non-infectivity can be proved by:
- a negative PCR test (no older than 7 days) or antigen test (no older than 72 hours)
- a confirmation of undergone COVID-19 disease in the last 180 days
- a proof of vaccination when
- at least 22 days have passed since the first dose was administered in the case of a two-dose vaccine, but no more than 90 days if only the first dose was administered, or not more than 9 months if the second dose was also administered
- at least 14 days and no more than 9 months have passed since the dose was administered in the case of a single-dose vaccine
- undergoing antigen test for on-site self-testing
- confirmation from the employer or an affidavit of having been tested at the workplace within the last 72 hours
- an affidavit of completion of testing within the last 72 hours at the school facility
As of 21 June, people from the entire European Union and Serbia should be able to travel to the Czech Republic without any restrictions, if they meet the conditions set out for proving that they have been vaccinated, tested, or undergone COVID-19 disease. This is a tentative plan that may change.
No more testing in companies
Mandatory testing in companies will end on 30 June 2021 (the last day).
For more information please contact Tomáš Procházka | Partner, Peter Perniš | Senior Associate.