Steps we are taking to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the EMEA region.
Company: Boston Scientific Česká republika s.r.o.
Learn about the steps we are taking to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the EMEA region.
The spread of COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges upon our community and the many healthcare providers who are caring for patients.
At Boston Scientific, we are taking our responsibility to help flatten the curve of infection spread seriously. We all must do our part to reduce the number of people interacting in public spaces, and particularly in healthcare institutions. We also recognise the need to conserve medical resources as health systems continue to prepare for surges in critical patient care, while making our medical devices available to those who are undergoing procedures and surgeries.
As we continue to implement robust business continuity plans and work to protect and aid the safety of patients, customers and our employees, we have implemented the following steps.
Supporting customers and patients
- We are working to mitigate potential risks to product supplies so that we can continue to meet the needs of customers and patients.
- Our teams continue to find solutions to provide in-person customer support for critical patient procedures and time-sensitive patient needs, in accordance with guidance from local health authorities and following the protocols of each institute.
- We are also leveraging technology to provide virtual training, education and technical support when possible.
- We have implemented remote and flexible work arrangements wherever possible.
- For employees who remain onsite to ensure our medical devices can be available to healthcare providers, safety precautions are in place to maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Employee assistance resources are available to support physical, mental and financial health, and we will continue to find ways to best support our global workforce.
- To date, the company has committed €1.22 million to aid COVID-19 relief efforts. This includes donations of supplies to local hospitals, including protective masks, goggles, gloves and other protective items to meet the urgent needs of healthcare providers, as well as direct financial contributions to local community organisations to support children, families and the most vulnerable.
- Through our Boston Scientific Foundation Europe we have begun activating donation programs, starting with the provision of relief to hospitals in Italy and Spain.
- We are proud to support our many employees who have volunteered to help in their local communities.
- In addition, Boston Scientific has launched an employee match donation programme supporting Project HOPE, a global health and humanitarian relief organisation with people on the ground working to get supplies and support to front line healthcare workers.
It will take time for countries and local communities to manage through and fully recover from the wide-ranging impact of this complex situation. Boston Scientific has a dedicated and determined team committed to supporting our core stakeholders in the current environment so that we can emerge from this challenging time stronger, together.