Machine Learning Researcher
Avast Software (www.avast.com), a maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security industry, with a portfolio covering everything from a free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses – offered in around 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries, for example, Canada, Germany, USA, Holland and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talents in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
For our team in HQ (Prague) we are currently looking for
Machine Learning Researcher
You will become a member of a top-notch ML research team developing models for mobile security apps. The resulting models will be part of our security engines deployed to millions of mobile devices, and the intelligence platform in the cloud.
● Develop new machine learning models to detect malicious activity on mobile devices
● Tailor the models for mobile devices, cooperation with SW/HW engineers
● Cooperation with our teams in different countries
● PhD or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a proven track record of successful projects.
● Solid Machine Learning background and familiarity with basic Machine Learning algorithms/techniques
● Strong analytical and programming skills in Python, R, Java, C/C++ or similar with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, modeling and software design
● Strong analytical/math/statistical abilities
● Excellent communication skills
● Scientific thinking and the ability to invent.
● Proficiency in Python and experience with data analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy, scipy, and scikit-learn
● Hands-on experience with TensorFlow or Keras is a plus
● CUDA or other GPGPU is a plus.
● Love the next problem, the next experiment
● Publications in major conferences and/or journals is a plus
● Good communicator with the ability to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
What we offer:
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day in a company canteen, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Trainings (big-data workshops, participation on top-notch ML conferences around the globe, manager training etc.)
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!