Software Engineer - ANDROID
Skype helps millions of people stay connected with those they care about the most. We’re looking for great engineers who can innovate and improve on what we’ve built. Located in Prague, the very heart of Europe, our team builds some of the most core services and experiences that make up Skype.
Come help us empower people to get stuff done at work and at home on the Android devices they love!
- You have designed and delivered Android apps that are performant, reliable and secure for millions of users
- You have successfully implemented mobile architectures including MVP and MVVM
- You have deep experience with the Android Framework, Java, Kotlin, and Reactive programming
- You have experience with or partnering with backend services to develop mobile friendly APIs using REST
- Your apps are instrumented, in addition to using analytics and A/B testing to drive features
- You are familiar with Agile, frequent app releases and modern software development lifecycle
- You are enthusiastic about partnering and working collaboratively with teams across Microsoft
- You teach others the things you know and learn from others
- You’ve done this before - you have at least five years of software development experience in the industry
- You can code - you are comfortable in object-oriented languages like Java, C++ or C#; and you have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- You can collaborate - you can explain your work, you can ask good questions, you can listen to your peers and your customers, and you like to give and receive feedback
- You stay focused - you want to build software that solves real problems for real people
- You’re a professional engineer - you understand that it’s not enough to write code that works; it also has to be well-designed, easy to test, and easy to add to over time
- You love building beautiful apps and crafting the best user experience. For you, an app isn't working correctly until it feels great to use
- You have senior-level experience building applications for the Android platform
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.