12. 5. 2015, 17:00-20:00, nám. Míru 15, Prague 2
790 CZK/1 person
The seminar is designed for all of you who have English proficiency at the Intermediate (B1) level or higher and work in a position that involves:
- leading/moderating English conference calls,
- telephoning in English.
During the seminar, you will fine-tune comprehension skills and expand your vocabulary in the following areas:
- beginning/end of a conference call,
- directing the course of a call toward a desired goal,
- resolving problems during a call,
- intervening in a polite manner, expressing an opinion,
- intercultural telephone communication,
- real-life tips – how to understand as much as possible,
- real-life tips – how to take notes fast and efficiently.
The seminar will have the form of a workshop. Emphasis will be put on exercises during which students will practice phrases and expressions through simulated parts of teleconferences, discussions, and sharing experiences with other participants and the instructor.