Competition Law – Introduction and Current Topics for Lawyers and Non-lawyers
JŠK, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.
Company JŠK advokátní kancelář, s. r. o. wishes to invite you to the first of a series of breakfast seminars on:
Competition Law – Introduction and Current Topics for Lawyers and Non-lawyers.
- Addressees of competition law: which subjects are considered by competition law as one unit and under which conditions is it possible to punish them collectively.
- Prohibited agreements: When the cooperation of competitors becomes prohibited and when is it possible to deduce an agreement without proof of a consensus.
- Abuse of dominance: Is the more economical approach just a “Flavour of the Month“?
- Control of concentration: when the realization of a merger is forbidden and what does a sufficient effort on fulfilment of commitments look like.
- New legislation on the private enforcement of competition law. Is a culture of litigation coming to Europe as well?
Michal Petr, Of-counsel JŠK, was until recetly the deputy chairman of the Czech Competition Authority (CCA) in charge of competition matters. He will retain some relationship with the CCA and – amongst other things – will participate in the rule making process. Michal has been involved in competition law for more than 10 years and has acted as deputy chairman of the CCA for the past 5 years. He also teaches competition law at the Palacký University in Olomouc and Masaryk University in Brno. Michal has written a number of articles and books and is a member of the editorial board of Antitrust – revue of competition law. He will particularly focus on advisory in the area of fair process, cartels and the EU/Czech law matters.
Date of event: 21st April 2016
Event location: ART & EVENT GALLERY, Na Poříčí 25, 110 00, Prague 1
Seminar price: CZK 800
8:15 - 9:00 Registration and breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 Seminar
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee break
11:15 - 12:00 Discussion
To book a place contact Pavlína Holá: Pavlina.Hola@JSKlaw.cz or 420 776 223.
An invoice will be send to you based on your place booking.
RSVP until 18th April 2016.
Please note that the seminar is in Czech language.
We also prepare:
- Merges & Acquisitions – most common DD findings and its solutions (JŠK /RSM Tacoma) – May 12
- Dawn Raid in reality – be ready! (Michal Petr, Of-counsel JŠK) – June 2
- LoI, MoU a NDA – pre-contractual tools in reality (JŠK partners) – June 2016
- Practical guide to the Antitrust law (Michal Petr, Of-counsel JŠK) – September 2016
- Private enforcement (Michal Petr, Of-counsel JŠK) – October 2016