IFRS 9 - Hot news
PricewaterhouseCoopers Česká republika, s.r.o.
IFRS 9 – hot topic and first simplification of financial instruments since IAS 39
This course will be looking into detail of the newly issues standard and will provide key insight inon the heated endorsement debate within the European institutions and outline of the future stages which should during 2010 lead to full replacement of the complex IAS 39 standard.
The seminar will focus on the following issues:
- From IAS 39 to IFRS 9
- Project phasing and timing
- Classification and measurement of financial assets (Phase 1)
- Two measurement categories of assets and dividing line
- Fair value option and equity through OCI option
- Embedded derivatives and transitory provisions
- EU endorsement debate and other European considerations
- Financial Instruments: Amortised Cost and Impairment (Phase 2)
- Hedge Accounting (Phase 3), liability side and convergence issues
The course will be presented by Petr Kříž, partner leading the PwC Czech Financial Services Assurance department who is as vicepresident for financial reporting of the Federation of European Accountants FEE involved in the ongoing commentary process and endorsement negotiations for adoption of IFRS in EU. Consequently he is able to provide deep insight into the latest developments.
- Course date: 14 January 2010
- Course time: 9.00 - 12.30
- Language: English
- Venue: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Katerinska 40, Praha 2
- Price: CZK 4,800 (excl. VAT)
For more information about the course and registration, please visit our website at www.pwc.com/academy.