International Tax (Webcast series for tax professionals)
Wednesday, 25 May 2011, 12.00 BST, 1.00pm CEST | U.S. FATCA: New Reporting and Withholding Requirements
Recent legislation in the United States - the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act - introduces new reporting and withholding requirements on non-U.S. businesses. Non-U.S. businesses that hold U.S. investments are potentially within the scope of the changes. How will your organisation be affected?
- An overview of the FATCA rules, including effective dates.
- Implications for non-U.S. individuals, operating companies, insurance companies, funds, banks and non-financial companies.
- Requirements for enterprise-wide tax reporting systems, and penalties for non-compliance.
- How to implement the required reporting changes in an organised, cost-effective manner.
- Be ready for the changes introduced by FATCA.