Christmas Romance at Chateau Mcely
Christmas time in Mcely has a unique atmosphere that combines the aristocratic traditions of the Thurn-Taxis family with the magic of Advent. The rural residence has always been a popular place of family relaxation and celebration. You too can enjoy the calm and worry-free charm of the Christmas holidays. Forget the yearly rush of holiday preparations at home and let yourself be enchanted by both the unmistakable aroma of Christmas and its traditional melodies. The Chateau Mcely team will take good care of you during the Christmas holidays and will also ensure that Father Christmas and his gifts find their way to Mcely.
Our Christmas Offers Includes:
- Three nights for the price of two in the room of your choice with breakfast including traditional Christmas cookies, Christmas cake and strudel
- Princess Alméria's traditional afternoon tea with homemade chateau pastries.
- Traditional four-course Christmas Eve dinner.
- Family Christmas gift from our Mcely Bouquet Collection.
- Christmas mass at the next-door St. Wenceslas church. A romantic path leads from the chateau to the church through our English park.
- Morning program for children – decorating Mcely gingerbreads and the Christmas tree on the outdoor patio. If we are blessed with a white Christmas - sledging in our English park or a competition for the best snow statue will be held. We will also prepare a special Christmas Eve dinner for your children.
- Other traditional Christmas customs.
- Walk through the nearby Jabkenice game preserve with a cup of mulled wine.
- 30-minute magical ride in a horse-drawn carriage through the area surrounding the chateau and the St. George Forest.
ST. STEPHEN'S DAY (BOXING DAY)
- Make hanging feeders for birds for the chateau park.